Tomorrow (or today if are reading this tomorrow, huh?) …anyway, Monday, November 10th marks three (3) years of Tassenkuchen!!! We are very pleased at all the wonderful responses we have had over those years to our cupcakes, pancakes, blondies, scones, tarts, whoopie pies, cinnamon rolls, brownies (i think the best in Berlin, and i am not the only one) etc, etc.
We chose to open on beautiful Malplaquetstrasse in Wedding because we live there, love our neighborhood, and it needed something special, we thought. And you have told us with your loyal patronage and words that we are, in deed, special. Thank you.
Since we opened on a grey fall morning 3 years ago much has happened in and around our little “keiz café”. The events seem too many to list but here area some highlights:
- Sugar High features our All-You-Can Eat Pancake Breakfast on Sundays and the café bulges at the seams with hipsters/scenesters the following weekends.
- We got listed as the #3 “thing to do” in Berlin in a Swedish travel magazine.
- We were asked to offer a prize for a Radio Eins quiz show Die Volle Packung Kultur.
- Paul appeared on “Sweet and Easy” with Enie van de Meiklokjes and presented Blondies to the viewing audience.
- We were included in Zitty‘s Tisch und Taffel “Best restaurants, Bars and Cafés in Berlin“ guide, 2013.
- We made a splash at Bite Club in Treptow on a few occasions.
- RBB featrued TassenKuchen on its ZIBB show.
- We delivered 400 mini cupcakes, each with the word WORK on them for a “Google for Work” tradeshow.
In addition we would like to thank all the blogs that have mentioned and recommended us to all their readers. Thank you for your support.
But most of all we would like to thank all our stalwart patrons, regulars and fans who keep returning and sharing the love. It is always nice to see a familiar, friendly face and be able to attach a name to it. There are even have a few kids who are growing up in TassenKuchen. (No, not our own.) All of you are the reason we chose to open in Wedding….and we are glad we did.
So come in Monday, November 10 and have a cupcake on the house! We”ll be happy to see you!!